Anassa is arguably the finest Luxury Resort & Spa in Cyprus.
Spread over a hillside on Cyprus’s sun-drenched northern Mediterranean coast this grand, 5* year-round resort is both charming and romantic – it even has its own Byzantine chapel for idyllic wedding ceremonies.
The jewel in the crown of the Thanos Hotel Group, Anassa is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. Unlike any other hotel on the island of Cyprus, Anassa occupies an entire hillside and with its classical low-rise buildings and tropical gardens arranged around a village square, it more closely resembles a traditional Cypriot village than a luxury holiday resort.
Set in an area of outstanding beauty, Anassa exudes a natural tranquility which is perfect for lovers of the spa lifestyle. Guests can lift the spirits and rejuvenate the soul and even request a Thalassotherapy programme in the Roman-style Thalassa for the ultimate in relaxed and therapeutic pampering.
The resort is not adults only and prides itself on being able to cater for everyone; on one hand it offers a friendly kids club for tiny tots aged from 4 months old and beach activities for teens uo to the age of 17; on the other, fortunate adult guests can enjoy five star silver service restaurants and world-class gastronomy and premium-brand boutique shopping.
Once outside the hotel, the Akamas Penninsula where Annassa is located, is a great place to explore. Charter a speed boat to explore the hidden coves of the Akamas shoreline
The Thalassa Spa is a luxury Roman-style health retreat that covers the full spectrum of wellbeing: from an hour-long treatment to a gentle detoxifying or holistic programme with life-long benefits. The Spa offers a small menu of selected mouth-watering healthy Mediterranean flavours.
The Thalassa Spa includes a sky-lit, columned indoor pool, 18 treatment rooms, saunas, steam baths, a seawater exercise pool, squash court, fitness room and hair salon.
- ANASSA SIGNATURE MASSAGE
- SPORTS MASSAGE Sports Massage € 115.00 A deep therapeutic massage targeting problem areas in muscles, joints and tissues. Perfect for an active or athletic individual who seeks a muscle intensive massage. Sports massage concentrates on specific areas of the body. 60 minutes
- DETOX MASSAGE Detox Massage € 105.00 Using lymphatic drainage massage to ‘trigger’ the internal cleansing and boost the immune system. Excellent for detoxification. Lymph drainage is effective on specific areas. 60 minutes
- AROMA MASSAGE Aroma Massage € 105.00 A gentle therapeutic massage using essential oils to soothe, calm and heal both body and soul. 60 minutes
- BACK, NECK & SCALP MASSAGE Back, Neck & Scalp Massage € 75.00 The delivery of deep massage techniques will help to alleviate the stress and tension often felt in the back, neck, shoulders and scalp. 30 minutes
- HOT STONE MASSAGE Hot Stone Massage € 115.00 Hot Stones are infused with oils and are placed on the vital energy points of the body to bring balance and harmony. The heat of the polished Basalt Lava Stones is then used to massage the body into a state of bliss. 60 minutes
- MOTHER-TO-BE MASSAGE Mother-To-Be Massage € 105.00 Mothers-to-be need special attention during this special time to ease away any tension in the joints, neck and back. Pre-natal massage can help reduce fatigue and increase circulation – it’s wonderfully soothing and much deserved. Our pre-natal massages are done on mothers who have completed the initial three months stage of pregnancy. 60 minutes
- ANASSA JUNIOR MASSAGE Anassa Junior Massage € 83.00 A gentle Swedish massage aimed to introduce children to benefits of massage and good health. 45 minutes
- MEDITERRANEAN HEAD MASSAGE Mediterranean Head Massage € 75.00 A calming, yet invigorating scalp massage which focuses on vital energy points combined with The Organic Pharmacy Neroli Oil. If time is of the essence, this compact treatment will help to reduce tension, increase circulation and leave you with a feeling of well-being.
Most of the hotel’s 175 rooms and suites have a private sea-facing balcony; some suites have outdoor plunge pools and whirlpools. And because luxury lies in the details, complimentary WiFi is available throughout the resort.
Anassa Weddings & Honeymoons
At the centre of Anassa’s traditionally-recreated village square is the peaceful Byzantine chapel, of Ayia Athanassia (Saint Athanassia).
Surrounded by lavender-bordered paths and scarlet bougainvillaea, it is the perfect backdrop for the wedding of your dreams. Fine food, attentive, but discreet service and the staffs’ fastidious attention to detail will ensure your big day goes smoothly.
The hotel will arrange anything from a gala banquet for 100 or more people to a candlelit dinner for two.
You are strongly advised to make advance reservations for accommodation at Anassa. For the bride and groom couple there is a minimum stay of five nights and depending on the period booked five nights stay may also be required for the invited guests.
The Chapel can host approximately 35 guests. It is fully air-conditioned, is located in the middle of our village square and can be decorated in any way possible. From past experience in the Church ceremony can take place later in the afternoon, followed by a champagne cocktail on one of our terraces – or this can take place at the Village Square near the Church, followed by the wedding banquet in one of our restaurants.
Our Food & Beverage Manager at Anassa will be at your disposal to assist you and we can always forward for your perusal menu and banqueting suggestions.
Entertainment can also be arranged and please be advised that for the convenience of the hotel residents, live music in the outdoor space of the Village Square (if this is chosen as a venue) is only available up to 12 midnight.
Use of Guest Facilities
The hotel facilities and services are for the exclusive use of hotel residents only. Valet parking will be provided for registered guests free of charge and visitors can park at the Guest Parking Facility (located at the entrance of the hotel).
Spa treatments and Services
Please check our web site for the Spa Treatments and availability of services, i.e. bridal hair and make-up and let us know in advance if you wish to make any arrangements.
Our in-house florist can quote for any of your floral requests. Please forward us photos/visual aids as to your wish and we can quote you accordingly. We advise the couple to arrive in Cyprus at least a week prior to the ceremony so we can discuss the decoration needs in-depth with the in-house florist. Candles can be arranged, and an indication of flowers is much preferred i.e. color and preference, since these may be seasonal and not available.
For a church ceremony to take place at Ayia Athanasia Church at Anassa, certain requirements need to be fulfilled.
The hotel can reserve and provide the Chapel, Ayia Athanasia, for the wedding to take place at the nominal fee of Euro 450.00. The contribution for a religious ceremony (donation to the Church and priest) is usually at the guest’s discretion. A tentative reservation can be made for the chapel and this will be reserved for the performance of the ceremony based on availability.
Wedding Blessing Ceremony
A non-denominational service is available for those who would like a Chapel ceremony but not necessarily Catholic or Orthodox. The ceremony would be conducted by a representative of the Christian Fellowship. This is not considered of recognized as a legally binding wedding and a civil wedding at the Town Hall in Polis has to be performed as well as the blessing.
A civil marriage may be celebrated either by the Marriage Officer at his office, or by a Registered Minister of religion at his Church. In this case all the same procedures should also be followed at the Municipality, but the religious ceremony can be held at the Church.
All necessary arrangements with the Registered Minister and the Church should be carried out by the interested persons.
Certificate of Marriage
The couple is supplied with a certificate of marriage by the Marriage Officer, but if they want to secure one or more certified copies of the certificate they can apply to the Registration Service of the Ministry of Interior.
Our personnel will do all the best in order to provide you the atmosphere of solemnity and memorable. We believe that your wedding is the first and the best event in family life. Our team will try to satisfy all your wishes.