Say “I do” in St Lucia, the Caribbean’s most popular wedding island, with the famous Pitons as a stunning backdrop on your special day.
St Lucia: The Caribbean Love Island
Say “I do” in St Lucia, the Caribbean’s most popular wedding island, with the famous Pitons as a stunning backdrop on your special day. St Lucia is one of the world’s favourite wedding and honeymoon destinations, which is no surprise –this exotic Caribbean island has got it all! St Lucia simply epitomizes the concept of a tropical paradise for your wedding celebrations.
The verdant island, with its lush mountains, rainforests, rich vegetation and banana plantations is a photographer’s dream, especially the landmark Pitons that dominate the shores of St Lucia – these twin mountain peaks soar 2,000 ft above the island’s south west coast giving the island it’s unique identity. It even boasts the world’s only walk-in volcano, which last erupted more than 200 years ago.
If you dream of a beach wedding, St Lucia is a dream come true. It boasts long stretches of unspoiled, palm fringed sandy beaches and secluded coves. Most resorts in St Lucia nestle along the beaches on the southwest (Caribbean) side of the island and many offer wedding pavilions overlooking the sparkling ocean in their manicured tropical gardens. The less populated Atlantic east coast is dotted with nature reserves.
Pigeon Island, which is connected to the mainland by a causeway at Rodney Bay, is a 40-acre natural park with the remains of an 18th century British fort. Another favourite location is the picturesque marina at Marigot Bay, famed as the film location for Dr Doolittle in the 1960s, and now better known for its array of sailing yachts and luxurious Gin Palaces moored here for the night.
Marry in St Lucia
Most hotels in St Lucia offer wedding packages aimed at making your special day a hassle free, romantic moment to cherish. What’s more, there are plenty of deals on offer for wedding couples at the island’s hotels and resorts. including free night’s accommodation, free meals, free upgrades and even free wedding ceremonies.
Weddings at St Lucia’s luxury resorts are offered in a variety of exotic locations, such as garden gazebos, huts overlooking the surf or romantic beach spots. Religious wedding ceremonies can be arranged in a church by the hotels wedding planners. You can even tie the knot at some of the island’s most amazing locations – in the midst of the rainforest, a quaint island church or even a wedding involving an adventure activity such as scuba or horseback riding. Some of the more unusual ways to plunge into matrimony are at the top of an expert-only mountain trail, along a summit ridge of Gros Piton, diving among the colourful fish on the coral reef or sailing into the sunset. They are all possibilities…
You need to be over 18-years old and must be in St Lucia for three full business days prior to the wedding day for the license application process to be completed. You will also need the following documentation: Passport and/or birth certificate; an original or certified copy of a divorce decree; in the case of a widow/widower, a certified death certificate.
For couples that don’t want to spend the entire honeymoon lounging on the beach, there are plenty of activities available on the island – jungle biking; rainforest hikes and sky rides; sailing; diving; snorkelling and other watersports; whale watching; coastal kayaking; golf and horse-riding.
Top 5 things to do
- Visit the heart of a volcano. Sulphur Springs Park is in the crater of the Soufriere volcano, with hot rocks, steam and boiling pools of murky water. Every full moon, the pools turn into geysers – apparently something to do with the tides.
- Explore the rainforests There are plenty of hiking trails through St Lucia’s green and mountainous interior, so hire a guide and explore! For the ultimate adrenaline buzz you can wiz above the rainforest on Zip Line Wires at the Treetop Adventure Park in Dennery.
- Climb the Pitons The Gros Piton is the easier of the two famous Pitons to climb. The hike up the Piton with a guide takes an average of two hours to the summit, and is strenuous but not too difficult and worth it for the spectacular views of St Lucia.
- Take a Kayaking tour Guided kayaking tours embrace St Lucia’s beautiful natural coastline and crystal clear waters. You will be offered expert instruction. Tours from the luxury retreat Anse Chastanet can include a picnic lunch and a swim off a deserted beach.
- Have a spa treatment The luxury resorts in St Lucia boast stunning spas, including The Body Holiday, a stunning resort devoted to health and wellbeing, which offers both western and Ayurvedic treatments.
Are you planning a wedding or honeymoon in St Lucia?
Speak to one of our experts today. Complete the form below and we’ll call you back.
"We always said that we would get married abroad but I didn’t necessairily want a traditional beach wedding. It is something that we had previously spoken about so once Qamar had proposed we knew that’s what would happen."